On August 28, 2015, history was made in the Nigerian Police.
Ag. ACP Olabisi Kolawole was appointed the Police Public Relations Officer , PPRO, making her the first female to attain this position. Her appointment was accredited by the Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase.
A look at her profile, shows Olabisi is a well learned and travelled individual. She is a graduate of Nigeria Police Academy; she studied Law in Ogun State University and graduated with Bachelor of Law degree (LL.B) in 2000. She obtained a (BL) degree from the Nigeria Law School and was called to the Nigerian Bar in 2002. She attended University of Leicester, United Kingdom where she obtained a Masters degree in Police Leadership and Management (PLM).
She is an officer with vast policing experience at both national and international levels. At national level she has held several positions including Legal Adviser, Administration officer, Intelligence officer and Force Gender Adviser among others. At the international level, she served in the following United Nations Missions; in East-Timor 2000, Kosovo 2004, Liberia 2006 and at the DPKO UNHQ, New York 2007. She is a member of the pool of investigators assisting the office of the Prosecutor at the International Criminal Court (ICC) at The Hague in the investigations of Sexual and Gender-Based Violence as international crimes.
Added to her core academic trainings and attainments, Ag. ACP Kolawole attended several professional Police courses within and outside the country namely;
• Standing Police Capacity Training at the National Police Institute, Bramshil, London, United Kingdom in 2007
• Counter Terrorism Studies at the University of St Andrews, Scotland, United Kingdom in 2008
• POC/Sexual and Gender Based Violence Course at COESPU in Vicenza, Italy in 2013
• Investigating cases of Sexual and Gender-Based Violence as International crimes at the Rule of Law and Anti-Corruption Centre, Doha, Qatar in 2013.
• Protection of Civilian Train of trainers course, National Defence College, Abuja 2014.
• Policy, Strategy and Leadership Course, National Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPPS), Jos 2014.
• Tactical Leadership and Command Course (TLCC) Police Staff College, Jos 2014.
• Public Relations Course, Public Service Institute, Abuja 2015
She is a member of a number of organisations and associations such as; Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), International Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA),International Association of Women Police (IAWP), International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), United Nations Women Police Network.
Until her appointment as the Force Public Relations Officer, Ag. ACP Kolawole was the Deputy Director of the Directorate of Peacekeeping and the Police Force Gender Adviser.
Her success extends to her personal life as she a is happily married woman with kids and makes out time to indulge her hobbies, which include reading and travelling, and playing Table Tennis.