Eight Turkish Soldiers were killed on Wednesday in the deadliest attack by Kurdish militants since the government began an anti terror offensive last month. An honour guard on duty outside the fabled Dolmabahce Palace in Istanbul was also attacked by suspected Marxist militants. The eight soldiers were killed by remote controlled explosive device laid by militants on a road in the Silvan district of the province of Siirt, the army said. The army blamed the “Separatist Terror Organisation”, it’s customary phrase for the PKK which it never refers to by name. Seven soldiers were also wounded in the attack and military helicopters and ambulances were despatched to the area, the official Anatolia news agency said, adding that the clashes between the militants and soldiers were continuing. Two militants earlier Wednesday launched an attack with guns and explosives on the Dolmabahce Palace in Istanbul, one of Turkey’s main tourist attractions. The two attackers- carrying two had grenades, an automatic rifle, a gun and other ammunition- were caught by police, the statement said, adding there were no fatalities. One policeman is reported to have been lightly wounded. There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack, but Anatolia said that the suspects were members of the radical left wing Revolutionary People’s Liberation Front (DHKP-C).