It seems like the Ivorian huge midfielder is going nowhere despite tons of interest from elite clubs in Europe.
Midfield juggernaut Toure looked set to be on his way out of the Etihad Stadium at the end of the season and was linked with a host of clubs including Inter Milan and Chelsea.
Agent Dimitri Seluk insisted last week the Ivory Coast international will be staying at City, yet Inter Milan honorary president Massimo Moratti was still hopeful a deal could be struck to reunite the player with former manager Roberto Manici at the San Siro.
However, Toure’s representative has again reiterated the 32-year-old will not be leaving the Premier League side in the summer transfer window, following a surprise pep talk from the club’s billionaire owner.
Seluk said in the Sunday Mirror: “Yaya is staying, because Sheikh Mansour told him he must stay.
“Mansour told Yaya that he is still a very important player and that he was the first big player to join City after the takeover.
“He told him that City wouldn’t even discuss a sale.
“This is good. People have tried to say that Yaya only wanted more money, but it was never about money. It was only about respect.”
Seluk had previously claimed Toure was “90 per cent certain” to leave City at the end of the season.
City boss Manuel Pellegrini repeatedly stated his desire to hang on to the Ivory Coast midfielder, with the 32-year-old having two seasons left on his contract.