A massive power cut caused chaos and shut down public transport across Turkey on Tuesday, with the government refusing to rule out that the electricity system had been the victim of an attack. “Every possibility, including a terrorist attack, is being investigated,” said Prime Minister Ahmet Darutoglu after the magnitude of the outage became clear. He said a crisis cell has been established at the energy ministry to handle situation, which occurred as President Recep Tayyip Erdogan was out of the country on a visit to Slovakia. Energy Minister Taner Yildiz also said the authorities were investigating wether the power outage was due to a technical failure or a cyber attack. “The most important thing for us is to bring the system back to life. This is not something we frequently experience,” said Yildiz, who was travelling with Erdogan. “It is too early to say now if it is because of a technical reason, a manipulation, a fault play, an operational mistake or a cyber attack. We are looking into it. We cannot say they are excluded possibilities,” he concluded.